First Impressions - Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color

If you saw my post earlier this week I went an a little bit of a shopping spree. If you missed it, no worries - you can check it out here!

I wanted to do a first impressions post on these because I wanted to share my very first thoughts about these products before testing their staying power and texture. 

Here is the first color I picked up, I am not normally into pinks because I feel like a lot of pinks just look weird on my skin tone (it is probably just my imagination but ya'know.) 


So what made me buy this? It was on clearance, for under 3 dollars... I mean who am I to pass that up?


First impressions? Weird texture on the skin - super, super sheer and sparkly. 


I feel like my first impression on this is accurate, just weird in general. Probably something that I will never wear. Will report back on that, may be something that I can wear over something else?



Next is the Tangy Tulip

I always love colors with the orange type shades, I feel like they are just as bold as a red lip, but almost make more of a statement and have a summer feel. Since it's summer (and this was also on clearance) I went for it!


 Love the color! I am really going to wear the heck out of this lipstick this summer.
The texture on the other hand was a little off to me. I don't know how well it shows up in the pictures but it wasn't creamy and it didn't glide on like the first one. It was a little bit skippy when putting it on my arm.

I think that this will have to be worn over a lip balm or a creamy lip liner. 



The last color I picked up was Playful Peony. Again with the pink... what was with me last weekend?

 As you can see, by looking at the bullet, this looks super pretty and wonderful!

Some people may agree with me but this looks like it has a lot of  blue tones in it.  In my opinion blue tones make my teeth look yellow and that's a big yuck to me. 


This one swatches prettier than the other two, there is definitely some good pigmentation to this one.  



I will report back and let you know what I think about the staying power of these. 


Ok, lets review. 

Bubblegum Bloom: Super sheer, sparkly - you can pretty much guarantee that I will not wear that color.

Tangy Tulip: This is the one that I am looking forward to wearing the most - I am a little bit iffy on the texture though. 

Playful Peony: This could really go either way for me - I won't know for sure until I wear it. 


Bottom line, I wouldn't have purchased any of these if they weren't on clearance, but since I got them I am going to wear them. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About