An ode to Morticia Addams - Halloween Series

This is a super quick and easy look for Halloween, if I end up going out for Halloween this is probably the look I will end up doing because it will take next to no time. 


As the title says this is an ode to Morticia Addams, because lets be real - you cannot straight up copy her awesomeness. 


I started off with taking my lightest foundation shade and mixing it with the White face paint from Snazaroo. I set that with the e.l.f. HD setting powder, then I did a grey contour to make the cheekbones pop. I do not naturally have defined cheekbones so I could have kept chiseling out my cheekbones, but then this look would have taken more time than I wanted to spend on it. 

The eyes are just super smokey, I used a Silver on the eyelid and then a super blown out black in the crease. Looking back the only thing that I think I should have done that I did not was apply very thick and dramatic false lashes.

I topped it off with Morticia's signature hot red lip and called it a day. 



Obviously if this is something that you are going to wear out you are going to also cover your chest and shoulders in the same color that you use on your face. I already have black hair, so I just could have straightened it and thrown on a black dress and it would have been instantly recognizable. 

Grabbing a black wig at a costume or party school should really be the only thing that you need absolutely must have for this that you may not already have. You can certainly just use a light foundation shade if you don't have white face paint. However, if you do want to get white face paint, you can pick up Snazaroo at Michael's its like $9.00 for a big thing of white. 

You can for sure make this more detailed, and do up your eyebrows, but I am all about simplicity and working with what you already have.


What looks have you tried out for this Halloween?

XX - Cait

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About