Maybelline The Blushed Nudes First Impressions!

I want to apologize in advance, these pictures are not that great, it has been super rainy here so the light stinks!

This palette is $9.99 and part of a string of palettes that drugstore brands are releasing in an effort to keep up with the high-end brands. 


This is more of a pink/rose toned palette. It looks like there will be a lot of colors in this palette that will be super wearable and give you an opportunity to do a good variety of looks. 


Like I said the light in these pictures is terrible so it is hard to see the variety here but there are Taupes, Creams, Golds, Pinks, and Purples. These are all shimmer colors, that is a downside for me because I prefer palettes with at least two matte colors in it for blending, but hey its $10.00 so I can't complain about it too much. 

This is the top row - I swear I swatched everything even though you can't see the majority of the colors. These were swatched without a base, so I think if you swatch with a base it would show up better. Based on the tone of the colors these lighter shades will probably make great highlight shades. 


This is the bottom row - once again swatched without a base. I am really impressed by these colors. These seem to have some great depth to them and if you used these over a base I'm sure it will bring out more of the base color. 


I am so looking forward to doing a few looks with this palette. I will be posting a look using this palette very soon.


Have you tried any of the drugstore palettes? What are your thoughts?


XX - Cait




2 comments:

  1. The colours look lovely, especially the second row! I got the original Nudes palette not long ago and the pigmentation is great!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this palette has so many pinky/rose shades.
    Looks like good pigmentation without a base!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About