Nailed it! A nail review!

If you remember a few posts ago I posted a beauty haul that had some nail products in it. I have tested out the combo that I will be reviewing three times now. 



So with the majority of my posts and a good portion of my new purchases this one started out by me seeing something on Pinterest. 
I saw several posts floating around about this Gelous Gel Coat and needed to try it. OK, need is a very strong word... I really really wanted to try it. I went to Sally's because I figured they were the most likely to carry this product, they had it. 


I was looking for something to replace the Seche Vite top coat in my regimen because I am super sick of that dang thing getting goopy and gross half way through the bottle and having to throw it away. I believe I first heard about the Out The Door top coat from MakeupbyTiffanyD, she was saying that it was comparable to the Seche Vite. 


I started off by putting on 2 coats of the Gelous base and then letting that dry for a couple of minutes and putting on two layers of Nail polish - just fyi I have done with with a Sinful Colors nail polish and two Wet N Wild Nail polishes, I let that set for about a minute and then applied one coat of Out The Door top Coat. I will say that the OTD top coat takes way, way longer to dry than Seche Vite. I really need to let it dry for a solid hour without doing anything and then it is set and is hard as a rock. The Seche Vite takes about 5 minutes and you are good to go.


You may or may not know that my full time job is working for an RF Distribution company and one of my responsibilities is being the warehouse manager. I do all of the shipping and receiving so I am constantly assaulting my nails. 


This picture is day four after I painted my nails. 



This picture is day five. A tiny bit of chipping on my index finger - this is my left hand, surprisingly there was no chipping on my right hand at all. 



These two pictures are from day six. There was chipping on my ring finger and middle finger in addition to my index finger. 


The claim that I saw about this combo was that it would last from 7 - 10 days. I really believe that it could have made it to the full 10 days, if not it would be very close. Like I said I work in a warehouse, so if I had a job more conducive to femininity I think It would easily last two weeks. 


Although the Out The Door top coat works great, I really want to try the Gelous base coat with Seche Vite. It totally defeats the purpose of me buying the Out the Door, but ya' know. I painted my nails on Saturday, waiting easily two hours before I went to sleep after painting my nails and woke up with my thumb smudged because apparently the top coat didn't completely set. -_-


All-in-all I am really thrilled that this works as well as Pinterest told me it would. 

I believe I payed 5.99 for the Gelous Gel coat and 4.99 for the Out The Door top coat. I believe Seche Vite runs about $9.99 on average, I have seen it for more or less depending on where you purchase it from. 

Have you tried this out, or do you have a better nail combination?

XX - Cait





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About