Real Techniques - Miracle Complexion Sponge Review

I am sure you have seen some of these pictures coming off of the red carpet of all these "flawless" female celebrities... And if you are anything like me the first thing you notice is NOT their attire, it's their makeup! Now upon seeing all of these stunning women and studying their makeup it is clear to me that the majority of them have airbrushed makeup, while that would be wonderful to be able to go buy an airbrush machine or better yet, have someone do my makeup every day that's just not going to happen.

So for the last few years I have been trying to find some way to apply my foundation that will give me that flawless finish that will not only make my foundation apply evenly but will also give me the ability to cover all of the imperfections on my face. I have tried it all! Foundation brushes of all different shapes, sizes, and hairs...Stippling brushes, heck I have even tried paint brushes that look similar to foundation brushes! Nothing gave me the look I wanted. All of the sudden out of nowhere the "Beauty Blender" craze swept across the makeup industry and I knew that this was going to be my Holy Grail makeup find of 2013. I was sadly mistaken.


While the original "Beauty Blender" was being praised by professional makeup artists everywhere, the design and shape of this new makeup sponge didn't capture me. It was an odd pointed egg-like shape (www.shop.beautyblender.net) plus the $20.00ish price range killed it for me. Overall I never felt like the application was that great due to the fact that the sponge never set flush with you face. You do not use these sponges in the traditional way, as far as dragging the sponge across your face, you pounce (stipple) the sponge all over your face through little dots of foundation you applied, this creates less pressure on the face, which helps to prevent any unnecessary wrinkles! It is recommended that you get the sponge damp, wring out all excess water, before applying your foundation so that the sponge doesn't absorb the product you are applying. It is a latex-free, anti-microbial sponge (fancy, huh?) basically this means that it fights bacteria from growing on the sponge, yay for those of us with acne! It all sounds great in theory, however it didn't capture me, I tried a few different variations of the original sponge and still wasn't impressed.

Until....

The Real Techniques 'Miracle Complexion Sponge' 

Oh my goodness this is it. This is the Holy Grail beauty blending sponge....
While it has all of the benefits of the original beauty blender, it answered my need for something that set flush with the skin! It has a flat side that allows you to get that even product distribution I was looking for. Both ends of this sponge are pointed so you are able to get underneath the eyes and around your nose. If you need more foundation in a particular area of your face to cover a blemish or dark spot, just stipple the brush right over that area, the sponge will feather out the edges of the extra foundation you applied so you still keep that flawless looking finish. You want to know the best part about this sponge?! The price is ONLY $6.00! These are re-usable, just wash it with your other make up brushes, all you do is get it wet, soap it up and rinse it out! I would still recommend dampening the sponge before the foundation application so that there is more product on your face, this will also help when it comes to cleaning time.

I would highly recommend everyone to try this, and at that price point it is less money than most drugstore foundations. It gives a beautiful flawless look.

So far, I have only seen this at Ulta/Ulta.com and on the Real Techniques website.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

https://realtechniques.com/shop-collection/your-base-flawless/miracle-complexion-sponge



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About