Maybelline The Brights Palette Review

Since all of the high end brands have been coming out with palettes like they are going out of style the drug store brands are starting to do the same. Maybelline has released a few palettes over the last year, I believe. I have seen a lot of people talking about The Nudes palette, but I haven't seen anyone talking about The Brights palette. My local target had this on clearance for around $6.00 so I decided to pick it up.




The colors intrigued me, it looked like it could be a very versatile palette.



I was so very disappointed with this palette. The color pay off is awful! I have even tried putting a base under this shadows and it doesn't help. The overall texture is fine, its just the pigmentation that is lacking to me. 




This is the top row, boring! 


 This is the bottom row, it is no better. The purple color in the bottom left hand corner looks so beautiful, then you swatch it and its bleh!Even the black isn't black!


So on the back of the palette it has a guide as to how you can use this palette. 

I encourage you to look at these color combinations and the palette. I am not sure why they decided that this would work out, in some cases it works but overall I think it was a bad decision.




Overall I am not happy with this palette. If you want some bright color drug store palettes stay tuned for my post on Friday. 



Do you like bright palettes, if so what are some of your favorites?


1 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades. Love bright colors as well as neutral. xx
    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About