Purple Smokey Eye!

This is going to be a post that is a step by step guide to a colorful smokey eye. Keep in mind that you can use this for many different color combinations, I was just in the mood to wear something bright and colorful in honor of the first day of Spring. 


To start off, I picked out the colors that I would be working with and picked out an eye shadow base accordingly. My typical eye shadow base is a Maybelline Color Tattoo in whatever shade matches my look for the day. This day I knew I was going to be out an running around town so I used my Too Faced shadow insurance underneath the Maybelline Color Tattoo. Side note, I am super messy when I apply eye shadow so I do that before I apply anything else. 


I started by applying the Color Tattoo all over my eyelid, I did not go up into the crease because that would make it very hard to blend. I just apply and blend with my fingers, since this is a base it doesn't have to be perfect.

Next I pack the brightest color on the center of my lid, this makes the center of the lid pop forward. 


Then I added a different shade of purple to the outer and inner corners of my eyelid. I blend this color up into my crease and connect the eyeshadow that was in the corners of my eyes. 


Then I add a third color to blend and add additional depth. 


When you get to this point you may need to add a little bit more of the center color just to make sure that you haven't lost the depth. The key to  look like this, or any smokey eye is blending. You need to make everything look seamless, almost like a gradient.  


If you were going for a darker, or black smokey eye you would add a grey or silver to the Center of the lid and add black everywhere else.


Next I cheat and add a skin tone color eyeshadow on the brow bone and blend that down into the crease. 


I then line the top and bottom waterline with black eyeliner this completes the eye look. 


I could really stop here but I want to show you how I highlight my face. 

Everyone is all about highlighting and contouring right now, I want to stress that I do not do this everyday, I think it is overkill. I also did not do any contouring, just highlighting. 

There is so much going on with this eye look you have to be careful about different things on your face competing for the eye.

So first I applied my foundation, this particular foundation was a mix of my Revlon Colorstay and the Flower About Face Foundation. 

As you can see you apply the highlight wherever the sun naturally hits the face. 
Then I blend out, I used the same brush that I applied my foundation with. I have also used my Real Techniques blender and gotten great results with that


As you can see it doesn't look like it blends out as well as it should, so when you add in your finishing touches it will look flawless. 


I finished off with some bronzer and blush. 




Like I said you can really do this with a myriad of colors. Let me know what other color smokey eyes you all would like to see. 


1 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that this step by step applies to other colors as well. I like the highlighting looks too.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About