e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator Review

I have a slight obsession with having soft, smooth lips. Not sure why, I have been this way for as long as I can remember, though. I have tried a lot of lip scrubs, I have made a lot of lip scrubs and I am always on the lookout for a new one!

This one is in a stick and it greatly intrigued me. I had seen a few YouTube Beauty gurus talk about this product, so naturally I started looking for it where e.l.f. is sold in my area. It took me a few months before I found it at my Target, they had one left. I snatched it up so fast I didn't even break stride, I rang up my purchase and walked out of Target with a big smile on my face.

This is from the e.l.f. studio line so it is $3.00 (I know big spender!) 


It is in this adorable little black lipstick tube. 


My first thought when I opened this was 'this is literally St. Ives in a lipstick' It looks and smells just like the scrub!



Super excited to try this I quickly read the directions on the back. To sum up the directions apply to clean, damp lips, and remove with water and a cotton ball. 




This is my lips prior to putting on the scrub, not super chapped or flaky, just my normal lips. 


This is after I applied a generous amount of this to my lips. The texture was very, very rough and almost painful to rub on the lips. I am going to point out that the granules do not really come off with the Vaseline type product. That was disappointing to me. As you can see in the picture below the only thing that really changed was that my lips were redder and irritated.

 I removed the product as the directions stated and applied a lip balm afterwards. By lip balm I mean Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy Balm, its awesome by the way. My lips sucked that stuff up in a flash. 

Overall I feel like this product did not do a lot for my lips, but like I said I have never really had a problem with having super dry or cracked lips. I could see someone liking this who has really cracked lips. If you have very sensitive lips, or skin prone to bleeding I would not recommend this product; it is just too rough. 

I really do prefer making my own lip scrub, I make it just like my body scrub. An oil base, like coconut or olive oil, and some brown sugar, this creates a carrier for the brown sugar so you are not just dragging it across dry lips. Best part? You can lick it off when you are done. =]


Do you use a lip scrub? If so, which one?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About