All about that base.

But seriously, it really is all about the base.


I was kind of in a rush to get to get out of the house for an event that I was going to this past weekend. I wanted something a little more smokey but didn't want to spend a lot of time working on one. 

So I grabbed an e.l.f. smudge pot in Poppin Party that I had sitting out. I rubbed that all over my eyelids, and attempted to smoke it out into my crease area. I think used a Wet N Wild shadow single in Brule just under my brow bone, and lightly blended that into the smudge pot. 

Next I used the color Merlot from the Lorac Mega Pro Palette and just applied that on top of the smudge pot. The Merlot is a beautiful wine color, and putting it on top of the deep purple smudge pot added an extra dimension. 


As you can see here there is a lot of depth that is given just from the one color. 

It is hard to see but I used a nude pencil in my water line, and brought the color down really low and blown out on my bottom lashes.


This eye look took my like 3 minutes and most of that time was just spent blending the heck out of it. 

I really love doing one color looks, the natural contour of the eye adds so much depth. 


What are your favorite simple eye looks?

XX- Cait



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About