5 Tricks for the perfect lips!

Quick tips for the perfect lips!

1) Exfoliate!
Many people exfoliate their face, but most forget to exfoliate their lips! Nothing preps your lips for lipstick (or kissing) like a good exfoliation. I personally haven't found anything I like more then using pure cane sugar or brown sugar to exfoliate with. Take a little water and get your lips wet then take a small amount of your exfoliant and rub it on your lips. Wipe off (or eat) the sugar and your lips will look and feel smoother than ever!

2) Moisturize!
Just like when exfoliating the rest of your body you need to moisturize afterwards. You don't have to get fancy with it, your favorite lip balm or Vaseline will work great! It is important to moisturize overnight as well as throughout the day.

You can stop here... BUT! If you want to get the perfect lips while wearing lipstick keep reading!

3) Line!
Lip liner has a bad rep, I think it was because of that awful 90s trend with the black/dark brown lip liner with the lighter lip colors. Anyways I digress... Liner, when done correctly, will add to and prolong your lip look. Use a color very similar to your lipstick color and line the inside edges of your lips this will help keep the lipstick from feathering and also add to the color. (Extra tip! If you color in your entire lips with your lip liner your lipstick will become more of a stain as it wears off)

4) Lipstick!
There are a few ways that I like to apply lipstick to make it last longer. I will sometimes just do the normal apply it straight out of the tube and be done with it. If I am doing a bold lip (red or orange) I like to apply a little bit out of the tube and then take a lip brush and rub it into my lips.

5) Seal!
This is optional but Its a step that I do not like to skip when I am doing a lip look that I want to last all day. Take a tissue and place it over your lips then lightly dust a translucent powder of the tissue. This will help to blot any excess lipstick and the powder will seal in the lipstick from sliding all over the place.

Do you have any lip tricks that you swear by?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About