Fall NYX Hall!


Fall is easily my favorite time of the year. Since I live in Florida I cannot say I get to break out the sweaters and scarfs because that is not a thing in Florida. However, I still participate in the beauty trends around this time of the year. Darker hair, smokey makeup, and vampy lips are a few of my favorite things (I have black hair year round so the first one doesn't apply to me, but whatever!)


I had been seeing some pictures of some beautiful stuff that NYX was coming out with on Pinterest so I decided it was time for a mini-haul at Ulta! 

As you can see it wasn't a big haul, just enough to get some nice fall essentials. 

I will only be reviewing the lip products in this post. Let me know if you want a review on the other stuff. 

First was the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania

 The Soft Matte Lip Cream is a weird consistency when you first apply it.
As you can see by itself it is a pretty splotchy lip color not a really smooth texture or opaque color. Layered over a lip liner it works nicely. Side Note: I am not wearing any foundation so you get to see my up close bare skin, sorry!




The Soft Matte Lip Cream is a weird consistency when you first apply it. But, they do last a long time when worn over a lip liner.



Next is the NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Enamored 

 This is more like a lip crayon. It is very comparable to the other crayon type products I have tried. Glides on nicely.
 From what I understand these are are a new product they have released. Everyone is jumping on the vampire bandwagon I guess. There was a whole display just for these but this was one of the only colors left on my display.
 

This is a hard color to capture on camera. It is a metallic chocolatey purple..... I guess? This product has a comfortable wear, pretty long lasting. 





 
The next product is the NYX Matte Lipstick in Eurotrash (clever name) 

 This is a muted pink color, almost a my-lips-but-better color. These are my favorite NYX  lip products as they are long lasting and easy to work with. This is a great lipstick line to do an ombre lip with.




The final lipstick is another NYX Matte Lipstick.


 This is the one I was most excited about. I had seen this one floating around Pinterest and knew it was going to be mine as soon as I had the opportunity to buy it.











This lipstick never did dry down to a matte finish, which was disappointing to me, but I still love it regardless. It is a deep, dark wine color that is the epitome of all things fall!



 EEEEKK at the large pores :(

It glided on my lips very nicely. Just a little splotchy. I wore it with a lip liner I purchased in this haul and it worked very well.



The final product is a lip liner that I bought to wear with all of the above lip products. After I got home with it I realized I already had one... but that means I won't run out.


 This is the NYX Lipliner Pencil in Currant. It is a deep wine colored pencil, very Similar to Siren.
 I used this under everything that I purchased and it worked beautifully. 



This lipliner will work well with alot of different colors items. It is a pencil that has to be sharpened (not mechanical) which makes me happy  since I prefer a sharper point when applying lipliners.
 Since it is long lasting I have has some problems with it drying out my lips. I recommend applying a lip balm about 30 minutes to an hour prior to wearing any lip products though. Not only will that help with keeping your lips moisturized it will also help prevent your lip product from staining your lips. 


What do you love most about fall?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About