Get Ready with Me!

This post is going up so late today. Sorry!!!! My nephew has a birthday party tomorrow and I was shopping last minute (per usual)


Now onto the look. Just a heads up there is going to be a lot of pictures in this post, since I have my glasses off, I can't see and am making some pretty awful faces. 

This is what happens when I am deciding on what eye makeup to do. (Does anyone else do this, or just me?) Anyways, I was going to a music event and wanted to do something a little more colorful.


So I start with a blank face, and freshly waxed eyebrows. 

I prime both of my eyes with Urban Decay Primer potion



By this point I have decided I want to use a purple eyeshadow and I want it to be a more vibrant look. So I use a Maybelline Color Tattoo in Blue Paradise as the base. The first picture below shows why I chose this. The bottom left is shadow swatched by itself, the bottom right is the Blue Paradise and the top is the shadow layered over the Blue Paradise. 





Next I pur on my first purple eyeshadow. I blend out any harsh lines. 



Next I put a darker eggplant shade in the crease and wing it out in a "V" shape


Next I use a little of the purple color that is on the lid over the eggplant color.
(Points for the vacuum in the background?)



There is a little shimmer added to the lid to add dimension.


Next step was to apply my foundation





Then I lined my top and bottom water line with a black kohl pencil


As you can see I contoured my cheek bones with a grey-brown eye shadow. I also lightly filled in my eyebrows


The finished look includes mascara, some of the purple shadow smudged on my lower lash line, and a little shimmer placed on the inner corners of the eyes.


I did end up adding a little more color to the cheeks but it didn't show up very well. 



This look took me about 20 minutes and lasted me all night. 

What kind of looks do you enjoy doing for a night out?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About